Friday, October 19, 2018
SECTION F-709.0 GROUP OVERNIGHT STAYS
F-709.1 Permit required: A separate permit shall be obtained for each nonconsecutive group overnight stay. Not to exceed six (6) nights in any calendar year. A facility that holds seven 7 or more nonconsecutive group overnight stays with in a calendar year shall be considered to have changed the use of the building or portion there of if the activity involves planned periods of sleep and it shall be necessary to apply for and be issued a certificate occupancy under the Uniform Construction Code for the new use.
F—709.2 Application: Each application for a permit shall include a fire safety and evacuation plan which shall include, but not limited to the following
1. Number and age of planned participants:
2. Number of adult supervisors
3. Fire Drill procedures
4. Procedures for accounting for participants after evacuation bias been completed
5. The preferred means and any alternative. for notifying participants of a fire or other emergency:
6. The preferred means and any alternative for reporting fire or other emergencies to the fire department or emergency response organization
7. The type of fire protection systems provided; and.
8. Floor plan per Section F—709.3.
F-709.3 Floor plan: A floor plan of the building or portion hereof, to be occupied which identifies the locations of the following:
2. Proposed sleeping area, if any;
3. Primary evacuation route:
4. Secondary evacuation route:
5. Accessible egress route(s), if available;
6. Fire alarm annunciator and control panel, if any; and,
7. Manual fire alarm pull stations, if any.
F-709.4 Means of egress: The means of egress for the sleeping area shall comply with Sections F-709.4.I through F-709.4.4.
F-7109.4.1 Exits: Two exits shall be required for stories with less than 500 occupants. Three exits shall be required for 501 to 1,000 occupants. Four exits shall be required for stories with more thin 1,000 occupants. A single exit is permitted for the story at the level of exit discharge when the occupant load of the story does not exceed 50 and the exit access travel distance does not exceed 75 feet.
F-709.4.2 Means of egress doorways: A minimum of two egress doorways shall he required for all rooms and spaces with an occupant load greater than 50 or in which the travel distance exceeds 75 feet. All egress doors serving an occupant load greater than 50 shall swing in the direction of exit travel
F-709.4.3 Means of egress lighting: Artificial lighting with an intensity of not less than one foot candle at the floor level shall be available during all times that the conditions of occupancy of the building require that the exits be available. In all buildings, rooms, or spaces required to have more than one exit or exit access, means of egress lighting shall be connected to an emergency electrical system conforming to NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code) except that continued illumination shall be required to be provided for not less than 1 hour in the case of primary power loss.
F-709.4.4 Illuminated exit signs: Illuminated exit signs shall be provided for all required means of egress in all buildings, rooms or spaces required to have more than one exit or exit access, Exit signs shall be visible from the exit access and supplemented by directional signs when necessary.
Exception: Approved main doors that are clearly identified as exits are not required to have exit signs.
F-709.5. Automatic alarms: The building or area containing the overnight stay shall he provided with an approved automatic fire detection system consisting of smoke detectors installed in accordance with the Uniform Construction Code.
F-709.6 Fire drill: A fire drill shall he conducted in accordance with the approved fire safety and evacuation plan upon arrival of all participants.
F-709.7 Sleeping area restrictions: Sleeping in rides, jungle mazes, or other amusement-type confined areas shall be prohibited.
F-709.8 Supervision: For all overnight stays involving persons under the age of eighteen (18), adult supervision consisting of persons at least twenty-one (21) years of age shall be provided as follows:
One supervisor required Age group of children
For every 2 children Greater than 21/2 years of age to less than 4 years of age
For every 4 children 4 years of age to less than 7 years of’ age
For every 8 children 7 years of age to less than eighteen years of age
Note a: For groups of children of mixed ages:
1. A minimum of one supervisor is required, unless the threshold for a specific age group requires additional supervision, and
2. When the total number of children of any age exceeds 8 or when the total number of children less than 7 years of age exceeds 4, an additional supervisor shall be required. This condition applies even if the threshold of a specific age group has not been met.
3. For groups consisting of children of high school age, where the activity involves no planned period of sleep, supervision may be reduced to one adult for each twenty-five (25) children provided no separate group of children, regard less of number, is without adult supervision.
All Rights Reserved.© 2003 EZ SiteLaunch LTD.